Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving Recap

Number of questions asked before "Are you seeing anybody:" 1.
Coincidentally, number of minutes between walking in the door and "Are you seeing anybody:" 2.

*The first question was "How are you?" and everybody knows that one doesn't count.

**Also, if you respond by saying "Not one person in particular, but I date. A LOT," the Family will exchange a look that hollers "So she's the family whore."


***
My aunt and uncle said to me, "We don't know about dropping you off at the shopping center by yourself."

"Um, I'm 25. I pay taxes. And rent. And I've done much worse at much later hours."

"Oh, we forgot you grew up."

***

My favorite saying from the trip:
Remember to lift the handle when you flush. It's a brand new toilet, but our plumber died before he could come back and fix it.
I love old people.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Recap! I had to work, so Thanksgiving is for me is tonight!

Unknown said...

Ahh, I've missed this blog, can't wait to have a chance to read this regularly again :)

Jamie said...

TDG- Hope yours is less dysfunctional!

Mesabi Red- You're alive!!!!!! Yea!!!!!

The RHS said...

hey hey hey! Glad to see you survived!

I love old people too. If they don't make you feel better about how you're living then they give you a goal to strive for, like sitting on the porch, drunk by 1 in the afternoon shooting at crows and cars that drive too fast.

Jamie said...

You gotta have goals, man. Mine is to sit up straight so I don't get hump-back when I'm 80.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com