Thursday, October 26, 2006

No date for the prom

COWORKER: So how did it go last night?
JAMIE: I got three phone numbers...
COWORKER: (Raises eyebrows in surprise) Good for you!
JAMIE: ...All from women!

What I Learned from Speed Dating:

  • Apparently men get really offended when you ask how old they are.
  • They get even more offended when they make you guess and you do correctly.
  • Always keep your drink within sight.
  • There is such a thing as an Asian dentist.
  • What I do for a living confuses people.
  • Men do not appreciate it when they get up from the table and you lean to the girl next to you and say loudly, "That guy was a douchebag."
  • Jokes about wheelchairs are not funny.
  • Matter of fact, I'm not as funny as I think I am.

Tonight I'll find out who said yes to me, despite the above. It had never crossed my mind that the possibility of getting rejected by 15 men in one night could in fact be my most humbling moment. Ever.

5 comments:

The Portly Gentleman in Aisle 5 said...

Oh, don't be so hard on yourself. I think you are hilarious, and everybody knows I'm the funniest mofo in the county.

Jamie said...

You are the funniest mofo in the county, so I will thank you for that compliment!

citizen student said...

you make me laugh, and in my eyes, that is all that is necessary.

good luck with your speed dates.

i enjoy living vicariously through you

The RHS said...

heheheheh, douchebags. That cracked me up. And what's not funny about a wheelchair joke? I mean, funny is funny . . . . .

Jamie said...

The RHS- yeah those things still crack me up too.

I have potty mouth.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com