Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The skinny on skinny

I was going to write a post about the new fall fashions and how they aren't made for anybody. Period. No one should wear skinny jeans.

After that rant, I was going to segue into my hatred for the new Gap commercial featuring Audrey Hepburn and the horrible skinny black pants also not made for anyone outside a Gap clothed mannequin.

Then I read a blog post by this girl. She did a much funnier job than I ever could on these very same subjects so just read hers instead and pretend I wrote it.

5 comments:

Will said...

Without pictures I have no clue what you're talking about.
However, the "city shorts" some girls are wearing should really be a quickly abandonded trend. My first thought when I saw a girl in them the first time: "wow, that looks like the shorts I and every other middle school boy wore prior to baggy shorts coming into style." I'd refer to them as boyshorts if that didn't already refer to those nice-looking bits of undergarments.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I hate it when people write something you want to write better than you think you could do it. Oh well.

citizen student said...

it couldn't have been said more eloquently.

you rock...

however, the cityshorts remark i take offence too... because city shorts on girls are a version of bermuda shorts for men and i am bermudian and very much enjoy the bermuda short.

someone will always take offence to anything anyone says.

Jamie said...

I love the city shorts... on gap clothed mannequins. Once again unless you weigh 85 lbs, it's not for you.

Unknown said...

What terrifies me is that I'll give in at some point and wear those blasted things even though I am painfully too voluptuous to do so. I fought the low-rise, tight-ass jeans as long as I could, but eventually gave in... It might be inevitable, but still... please shoot me if I actually end up wearing them. Please.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com