Friday, August 11, 2006

Whatever happened to PSAs?

Once again, I'm sorry I'm too busy to provide an actual post, but here's an update:

Last night I received two calls after 8 PM asking me out for this weekend. For my single male readers, I want to give you a PSA: Do not call girls after 8 PM on a Thursday night asking for a weekend date. You will get turned down. It's not because you're being inconsiderate by asking us at the last minute; it's because we legitimately have plans. Seriously, who waits until Thursday night to figure out the weekend?

I just violated every male in my office by openly declaring that I wanted "to have the babies" with someone. I thought it was funny. They, however, were mortified. I tried assuring them that not all women talk this way, only me. I think I just ruined at least six men from ever having healthy relationships.

9 comments:

... said...

Oh, to be able to see the look on those guy's faces!

Anonymous said...

haha! Priceless!

I agree don't call on Thursday night, because you will most likely get regected unless the woman is desperate.

Twisted DNA said...

A thursday night calls is like saying, "I calling you because I treid everybody else and couldn't get a date." And yes, the chances are very high for getting turned down

Shimada Boyce said...

What about just saying "yes" and having a nice time.

dont eat the token said...

Hmmm. I only took offense to such acts of idiocy when I knew he was trying to get in my pants. Otherwise, for a casual date I probably said yes if I didn't have plans.

Jukebox finally came around and understands why I plan out my weeks - otherwise I wouldn't see anyone, including him!

PSA - funny. It took me a minute to figure it out.

Jamie said...

No, I legitmately had plans!

Ryon said...

Ah c'mon sometimes a person has a really busy week at work and finally gets a chance to make plans of Thursday and wants to ask you, then and only then, should it be okay. However, the guy and or girl should not be offended if they get turned down because obviously it is late notice. I just don't think it is sad. Of course I am married, so what the hell does my opinion matter.

Eric said...

Only 6?

Jamie said...

VG- I already had plans! I already have plans for this weekend as well and it's not even Wednesday night!

Eric- The verdict is still out on the rest. :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com