Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Thoughts for the day

I'm glad the World Cup is over for the only reason that everyone can stop pretending like they've been following soccer all along. You haven't. You know it. I know it. For God's sake, we call it soccer.

I saw that headbutt on replay though. Totally hot.

***

After spending my lunch hour at Urban Outfitters, I have to admit that there is no "Everyone Loves a ____ Girl" t-shirt for me. I'm not Irish, Italian, Asian, Jewish, or Catholic. I don't think they'd ever make a "Everyone Loves a Austrian Girl" or "German Girl" t-shirt because they could only decorate those in swastikas, and-- lets face it-- "Everyone loves a German Girl" just has a different meaning.

4 comments:

... said...

you found it somewhere though!

Anonymous said...

Yeah you think the whole Soccer thing is annoying try being in the midst of a lot of crazy Italians who all a) honk their horn every time they score, b) light off fireworks every time they score, and c) celebrate real loudly ANY time that the Italians do anything remotely good. Lets just say they put a new definition to celebrating lol.

Jamie said...

I didn't even think about that!

dont eat the token said...

I had to design a postcard for my client with a soccer theme. They gave me a link to the world cup online. "Okay" I don't follow ANY sports, especially soccer.


It was cool the time I kicked a ball over Justin's head in 2nd grade and no one believed it - that's about it for me.


Anyway, I don't get the German girl quip. I'm German... why should everyone love me?

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com