Monday, June 19, 2006

Effing Clown.

A couple of days ago I made my monthly Mecca to McDonald's for their tasty Big Mac and fries, my ultimate lunchtime weakness. I gathered my tray of deep fried goodness and sat in a booth. I pulled out my book from my purse when I saw it:

The nutrition box printed on the side of the Big Mac box.

It was not there before.

I grabbed a fry and used it as a prod to rotate the fry box. Yep, there was one there too. Well, this is new. I suspiciously eyed my grease stained containers. I did not want there to be a nutrition box on there; I did not want to know exactly how bad they were for me. I knew it wasn't good, hence I only eat there once a month. I am happy and content in my ignorance; I don't need to know the details.

I eat more fries while debating what to do. A character is about to die in my book and I was really looking forward to reading it... but that damn box. The white nutrition box on the cardboard colored container was mocking me.

I've never been good with temptation.

As I guessed, a Big Mac is not good for me. All 536 calories of it. All 47% of my daily fat allotment. I used another fry to spin the red fry container. Not as bad, the potatoes were around 300 calories and only used up 38% of my daily fat allotment. But 47 plus 36... and I realized I was done eating for the day. My simple pleasure was almost a 1000 calories and all of the saturated fat one could handle in a day. My mouth salty from the fries, I grabbed my Diet Coke and drank. At least this is calorie-free.

So thanks, McDonald's, for ruining my lunch hour and completely bumming me out. I hope you're pleased with yourselves. And now every Mecca trip once a month will continue to be as glum. Effing clown.

5 comments:

citizen student said...

i haven't read your blog just yet so i'm sure i'll comment after this but you have to go to this page and read the story so you can understand my utter horror and disdain

learning to live with the world's creepiest critters

Jamie said...

IT EXPLODED IN HIS EYE!?

I would be reduced to a 2-year-old if that happened to me.

citizen student said...

you gave me a damn good laugh... omg....

they're pretty damn huge however i've never heard of them exploding on contact before... i'm thinking they're getting the suicide bomber idea from the news...

neway. i am obsessed with calories as well but yea. i *love* mcdonalds and i love their french fries and i don't even eat beef. or almost beef. i can't wait to go away and dig in... even after reading the calorie information. i'll be cool if that's my only meal for the day...

did you find jeans?

dont eat the token said...

Hilarious post!

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I know the nutrition info already, which sucks for me.. I do good at resisting it now but when I get back please start praying for me as fast food is my weakness in general lol.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com