Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Pantsless Wednesdays

Yes folks, it's Wednesday, which means... well, I'm currently wearing pants. I find it's much easier to stay employed when you wear pants. But as soon as I get home, and the dog gets her walk, the pants are coming off.

It's Pantsless Wednesday!

Pantsless Wednesday is an old college tradition that I still honor. For my circle of friends, Tuesday night was the big night downtown. We had it timed out perfectly. At 8:00 PM, we'd show up at Molly O'Shea's for Ladies Night. Any well drink we wanted, served in a pink Dixie cup for a quarter. We'd save our change all week and go crazy at Molly O'Shea's. All of a sudden, we were generous friends buying rounds of drinks. At 10 PM, we'd get off the barstool and make our way toward Wild Wings. By the time we made it there, the drunkenness took full effect, but that didn't stop us from imbibing 22 oz bottles of Miller High Life for $2.50. We'd have 3 or 4 of those while we took turns singing karaoke. I think I once had a six-week streak where I'd spill my beer every week. By 12:30 to 1 AM, the karaoke died out, but we were too drunk and having too much fun. So we'd go to On The Rocks where ladies get free champagne (a true Athens drinker had her week planned out where she never had to pay much for drinks) We'd stay at On The Rocks and drink free champagne and eat their cherries until the bar closed at 2:30 AM.

And we'd wake up Wednesday afternoon with the worst hangover known to man. The amalgamation of well vodka, bourbon, rum, Miller High Life, and cheap champagne would keep us locked in our bathrooms through most of Wednesday. We were smart enough to not schedule any morning classes, and those of us that did failed them for not attending. No manner of drinking I have done since those Tuesdays have ever given me the same degree of hangover.

We were troopers, although some were more so than others. I was one of the founders of our Tuesday night tradition and I held on for 3 years. The best memories of my life.

The point is every Wednesday night we'd be tired and hungover. The girls of the group would all meet up at Bonnie's apartment where we would wear nothing but T-shirts and watch crap TV together: the worst shows, like DateLine whodunits. We would also go around and tell what we remembered from the night before to piece together what actually transpired. We dubbed the evening "Pantsless Wednesdays."

And although I'm no longer hungover on Wednesdays, I still honor the day by not wearing any pants and watching crap TV. On the schedule for tonight: American Idol.

6 comments:

Will said...

"Nothing but t-shirts"?

I've seen adult films that feature this same premise.

Ryon said...

That is some serious self-infliction. Wow. I did that maybe once a month, if that, but everytime I did...I swore never again. It was not until I got married and nearly got divorced from getting TOO drunk that I learned my lesson and pratically swore of alcohol.

Every night for me is pantless night though. I just sit around the house in a hole-filled t-shirt and boxers.

... said...

But it's the finale of ANTM!

citizen student said...

ha!

Jamie said...

Fine, Will! To be accurate, we wore panties. Even boxers counted as pants!

Eric said...

I was actually wondering the other day if girls who live alone just sit around in their underwear like guys do...

I guess the answers yes, but I'm also guessing they don't go topless like we do. Dammit.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com