Thursday, May 18, 2006

Like the one where the man has all the books, but his glasses break

You know those movies where the world changes, but the person doesn't? (ie any Twilight Zone episode or "Big" or "Freaky Friday")

I think I'm in the midst of that.

Or someone got a whole bunch of people to play a prank on me. From multiple fronts.

I open my e-mail this morning and find this:


Hey stranger.

The only place where my e-mail and my picture is located in the same place is on my blog. But every person who e-mailed me from my blog has always announced they came from here.

BTW, I HATE people who don't take the time to spell out the words. I'm not 14 and trying to be cool. I have a degree in the very language you are defacing. How dare you.

This alone is not a big deal.

But during lunch I check my MySpace. Will and I have been placing bets all morning on "The O Cizzle" season finale. I say Sandy's going to have a heart attack and his outcome will be uncertain, but invariably he'll get better first episode of next season. Will says Marissa will die, Seth's arrest will keep him from going East and Summer will stay with him. We'll see, Will, we'll see.

Anyways, my inbox was filled with presumed spam. I open messages from 2 different boys:


Uh, hello guy-whose-profile-picture-is-a-SWIMMING-POOL.


Wow, really? That must have been some test!

Once again, not that abnormal by itself, but coupled with my hotmail e-mail and I'm beginning to wonder.

Then I open this one:


I checked her out; this isn't spam. I'm sorry, but did I just wake up in a world where I'm gorgeous? Cute? Yes, I truly believe I'm a good looking girl. Model worthy? Um, no.

Should I go buy a lottery ticket on the way home? Today just seems to be my day.

4 comments:

Ryon said...

I say go ahead and scratch away.

Unknown said...

Way to be Miss Thang!

I feel so unnoticed now.

Oh wait, my profile picture is a cartoon!

So I assume you'll be writing back to all of these people right? ;) I mean, isn't randomly messaging someone the best way to find true love?

*Please note sarcasm*

... said...

You have to fwd me your whole mailbox!

citizen student said...

you, my friend, can turn the world on with your smile.

you can take a nothing day and make it all seem worthwhile apparently...

so the next time you're walking down the street and you happen to be among a crowd of people, jauntily toss your hat up into the air and freeze in the position for posterity.

yea... awesome...
soak it up j, soak it up (like how i just called you j? yea... sweet)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com