Thursday, December 29, 2005

Issues

I can't remember the last time I went on a first date and stayed sober. Maybe when I was 19? It's been 5 years since I had a first date that I didn't get drunk during: yesterday was no exception. The fact that the date was at noon doesn't make things any better.

I haven't been tanked at 2 in the afternoon since, well Christmas, but before then football season in Athens...okay but before then, college a year and a half ago.

This isn't looking good for me.

I put the bottle down for close to 2 years as far as heavy drinking goes. For some reason, I picked it back up again in the past few months. And I don't care. I'm a hoot under the influence.

That's what they tell me anyways.

2 comments:

Ryon said...

I think you are just preparing the guy for what life would be like with you down the road. You know, you and him 2.4 kids, a second mortgage, a ton of debt and all you have is the comforting love of a beer or a scotch and coke. You wanna divorce him, but damn, his disability check really helps. Plus, you are not sure if all the kids are his and you got one more on the way that may be from that date you just had on the side where you got drunk.

Too far? Yeah, maybe.....

LOL

Jamie said...

If that was my life, I'd be a raging alcoholic! Or I'd seriously have to consider suicide...

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com