Thursday, October 13, 2005

Alice in Gangland

I was driving by the local elementary school yesterday and the sign out front said that this week is gang awareness week. Just to be clear, Grayson, GA is the middle of nowhere. The police station is the size of a Waffle House and has 4 police cars. The closest grocery store is still a 10-minute drive. If you drive 15 minutes, you'll reach the closest bar. It's called "Rudy's" and it's a biker bar. I seriously doubt there are any gangs even remotely close to here.

When I was in high school in rich Cobb County we had a gang. It was called the "Marietta Militia" and all the good ole' boys would wear camouflage to school and park their Jeeps in a circle in the school parking lot after class and hang out before they go mudding. Well, they called themselves a gang, but I always thought it was more of a club. I think one of them got into a fist fight in a grocery store parking lot once- that was about as controversial as they got.

I wonder if that's the gang awareness that they're teaching the kiddies this week.

3 comments:

Paige said...

Sounds like "gang awareness" is like "Hey, they are out there...if you ever want to join."

???WTF!???

Jeff said...

Gang awareness! Your gangs sounds like the same "gangs" i ran into in high school too!!

Ryon said...

I always wanted to join a gang. 'Cause I'm like you know...hard and shit!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com