Thursday, September 01, 2005

Paging Dr. Carter

Yesterday I began to have chest pains. The longer the day progressed, the more they hurt and the more pressure I felt. While watching specials on the Katrina damage, it became so bad that I turned the TV off and went upstairs to lie down in my bed. My mother, who normally dismisses any medical complaint or injury, was especially worried when I told her. This, in turn, makes me really nervous, which doesn't help the chest pains.

Under the direction of my mother, I took some aspirin to thin my blood. Under my direction, I had a beer. It feels like I have a 200 lb brick on top of my chest and breathing sometimes can be painful.

She asked what may have caused the chest pains and I told her I think it's stress related. That makes sense why it hurt worse when I was watching Katrina aftermath.

She's been good about keeping an eye on me, waking me up several times in the night to see if I still felt them. I don't remember feeling them at night, but the second I woke up, I noticed they were there and they've been increasing the longer I'm awake. Today I'm just going to try to relax and see if that helps. And have some more aspirin. And maybe a bourbon.

3 comments:

Paige said...

You might be having a extended panic attack. I used to have those late at night, where I would wake up and felt like I couldn't breath because it felt like there was a huge weight on my chest. It was so bad I would go lay on the floor of the bathroom and sometimes couldn't move till morning...there were about 3 seperate times when it hurt so bad I thought that I was going to die on my bathroom floor. But yeah, chest pains for a long period of time...maybe it's time for a little ER? And I'm not talking the TV show!

Jeff said...

I would suggest seeking medical attention just to be on the safe side. you don't wanna fool with chest pain like that!

Ryon said...

I would head to the Doc as soon as possible. There are too many things that could be going on. Go even if the pain goes away. Your health is the most important thing.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com