Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I'm going to bed

So I got into not one, but two car accidents today. Within two miles of each other.

For the first one, I was on a three lane road and they were doing construction on the left lane and they had it closed down up ahead. I was already in the right hand lane, waiting to get on the highway. This effing Mercedes SUV flies up the left lane as far as she can, to avoid the traffic, and then cuts into my lane with no warning. The irony is for these assholes is that traffic wouldn't be that bad if people didn't do this. The people who are trying to escape the traffic are the ones who cause it. So she cuts into my lane in front of me, which normally would have earned her a long honk, only there wasn't enough room for her prestigious car and she merged right into my left wheel. I guess she thought people would avoid her because of the price tag on her SUV, but this was not the case. That and she was on her cell phone. She didn't even notice she hit me and kept on driving. I got out, looked at my front, and there were just rub marks that can be buffed out, so I didn't bother with the police or hit-and-run report.

I get in my car and I'm pissed. I merge on the highway and I speed up, catching sight of the damn SUV mom so I can at least get her plate number if I need to use it later. I *just* merged on the highway so again I'm in the right hand lane, but I'm going the normal traffic flow at around 75 mph. All of a sudden I notice I'm getting passed on the right. It didn't hit me right away what was happening, but I knew that for some reason I shouldn't be passed on the right. Then I realized that the only thing next to me is the shoulder of the road. So this guy in his cheap white Honda is passing me on the shoulder. I look at my speedometer to check my speed, maybe I was dragging ass, but I was doing 75 mph: 10 mph over the speed limit. That means the Honda had to be going at least 80 mph. I again honk angrily and he pulls into my lane, again not leaving enough room for my Explorer and hits me. This time it scared the living crap out of me because of the speeds we were going. I slammed on my breaks and my back wheels skidded out of control for a second. I don't think you're supposed to play bumper cars on the highway. AND AGAIN THE DRIVER KEEPS GOING! I pulled over because I was shaking so hard. Again there were only rub marks on my bumper, just on the right side this time in addition to ones on my left.

I'm a little sore from the second one: the seatbelt cut into me and my shoulders hurt. I just turned around and headed home after the second time, shaking and crying the whole way. Needless to say, I'm a little skittish about driving today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check it out.

You're from the 'REM'-city, right?

Best regards...

Paige said...

OMG!!!!! I am so sorry Jamie...this totally does NOT deserve to happen to you. It's days like this that make me wonder why killers get off scott free and people that have done good all their effing lives get into car accidents!

Jeff said...

I'm sorry that happend to you! Trust me...I feel your pain. People do stupid shit like that to me EVERYDAY...however, if they clip my bumper, it means certain death for them, since I drive an 80,000lbs missile. THERE are LOTS of people that shouldn't be aloud to drive!

aprilbapryll said...

I'm sorry hon, I know it's bad; I work in insurance and get those crazy people every day! Get some sleep and hopefully you'll be better in the morning.

Cyrus said...

I'm glad you're okay...either one of those could've been so much worse. Having said that, you should know that the title of this post, along with the first line, made me giggle like a little kid!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com