Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Why is there wooing in the background?

So I took my dog to work today. I wasn't really thinking about anything, just that I was going to to south Atlanta after work and I live in extreme north Atlanta and I wasn't going home to get her and I wasn't leaving her by herself overnight. It was my last day at work and I thought, What the hell, are they going to fire me?

She sat by my desk all day and was really well-behaved, more so than I believed she would be.

In my past experience, Chinese have always been terrified of my wolf-like dog, and I was anxious to see how my Chinese-owned company would react to her presence. Fortunately, they loved her and gave her any spare food they had.

At 5:30, I packed up my desk (in one tiny box) and split. I'll miss the people I worked with, but never the job. Anytime someone yelled at me today, I responded, "Well, today is my last day, but I'll leave a sticky for the boss who will be back next week." That seemed to both shock and anger the customers, so it made me happy.

2 comments:

Paige said...

Yeah! Jamie's back! So, we BOTH had last days? Good times...you'll find out about my last day on my blog later today. Part I is up already.

Ryon said...

Once on my last day at a radio station I decided to play whatever and I mean whatever I wanted. The station was switching to a new format at 12:01 am and my show went from 7 pm until 12 am...just like my show now...anyway, I played everything. I played Neil Diamond's Porcupine Pie. I played about 30 TV Theme Songs. I played Elmo. I played a phone conversation that I had with a listener for about five minutes. It was really boring and stupid. Anyway, I started doing that at around 10:00 pm and was pulled off the air at around 11:15. I guess it took someone a little while to get up there. I don't put that station on my resume.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com