Tuesday, June 07, 2005

*Sigh* I have to go to work tomorrow

I had both a doctor's appointment and my interview today so I managed to get the day off from said crap job.

My mother convinced me to go to the doctor because I had a cyst-like bump on my head and she wanted it checked out. She just had a scare with Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and a very nasty tick. I go to the doctor and the male nurse (murse?) makes fun of me for seeing a doctor for an unusual lump on my head with a red ring around it. He asks me if I bumped my head or if I wrestle with my brother and tells me I should go home and not bother with it. Without even looking at it. Thanks. Murse.

Then the doctor comes in and looks at it and tells me what it is. I can't remember only the name was really long and had both Greek and Latin roots. He says normally it would be pigmented, but my hair is so thick that my scalp doesn't see the sun. (Seriously, when I get my hair cut, they bring out the comb with the razor teeth to thin it out.) He told me it was nothing to worry about, but also managed to fit a lecture about skin cancer in there.

Then I dropped my dog off at my dad's house and went to my interview where I was frantically trying to pick the dog hair off me. Damn arctic dog with her damn thick fur that gets everywhere. The meeting was a lot shorter than I expected but I also spent an hour and a half in testing. Spelling tests, grammar tests, math tests, and 2 different personality tests. It felt like the SATs all over again. She assured me that I qualified for the second round of interviews and that she would call me. The process is taking longer than I wanted. I'm moving in August and I haven't chosen an apartment yet because I don't know on which side of Atlanta I'll be working. I so wanted to go in tomorrow and give them my 2 weeks notice.

I also bleached my hair an unmistakable summer blonde. The dog keeps staring at me so I think she's a little freaked out, or at least she recognizes the difference. It's shocking, but I need a change of something. I told my mother my logic: a light blonde in the summer and a dark blonde in the winter and her response was classic- "What are you, a leaf?" My retort was a little less classic- "Mom, you're acting like I just told you I was pregnant." Apparently these kind of jokes aren't as funny.

3 comments:

Ryon said...

Glad you don't have a tumor and that it is not some other crazy thing.

Good luck on your job and all that.

Okay, so I posted a new post and a new BLOG. Yep, don't ask. I have issues. Seriously.

Paige said...

Mothers are so funny. And my hair is super thick too! I grew it out for my wedding and had it all cut off the next day, and I seriously could have made two "Locks of Love" kids some wigs.

Jamie said...

Back in high school when I was a life guard, I cut my hair super short one summer. Like boy short. I did it because I kept passing out from the heat on the lifeguard stand. When my mom first saw me, she cried.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com