Tuesday, May 17, 2005

My mom says I'm getting smarter

I haven't done this in about a year, but I locked my keys in the car today. I was reading and I completely forgot the keys were still sitting in the ignition. Luckily I didn't notice this until after I got off of work, otherwise I would have stressed about it the entire afternoon.

I cracked my windows but there was no way I could have fit an arm to the ignition. Coat hangers are in the car so that doesn't exactly help. On a stroke of luck, I left my sunroof open. I climbed on the back bumper and realized there was no way I could climb on the roof of my Explorer in jeans. Pantsless, it would have been easy, but I'm in the parking lot at work and my boss's window faces my car.

I'll just have to risk the hood, I thought and I circle my car and climb on the front bumper, gingerly feeling my way across the hood, staying as close to the side as possible so I won't dent it. I walk up the front windshield and stare at the sunroof. By this time I have accumulated a small audience. Gymnastics style, I tilt in and hang upside-down so the only thing people can see it my ass hanging out of my sunroof. Completely dangling upside-down I attempted to hit the unlock button on the door handle, but it was a bit of a stretch. Then I realized I could just grab the effing keys.

I pulled myself back out with my abs to a small applause. Yeah, I can still be an idiot like that.

4 comments:

Dash Bradley said...

Embrace being an idiot, my darling. It is both precious and endearing. And you didn't dent the hood? My goodness, you must weigh 8 pounds.

Anonymous said...

I read that right before I left work yesterday, Jamie. I was thinking about it on my way to do some errands, and how I did that a few times in high school. I was thinking, "Thank god I don't do that anymore," when I got out of my car at Office Depot and started walking towards the store, getting halfway there before I realized that the car was still running. I blame you. :-)

Jamie said...

That made my day, seriously.

Ryon said...

I have the best mental picture. Thanks.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com