Monday, April 18, 2005

The hot pants plan: day one

Since I was asked "to be conscious" of my wardrobe malfunction (!) on Friday, I decided to wear khakis that sit higher than the jeans I wore with a polo shirt. Again I was taken aside and told that while I was sitting at my desk and twisted towards the phone, someone complained that a flash of skin showed.

I was completely and utterly disgusted.

My response was something to the effect that I was sitting in a chair with a high back at my desk. Someone would have to look specifically at my ass and search for it to see it, and I didn't appreciate the fact there were people at my office with eyes that friendly.

I was told I made a good point.

So I work with wardrobe Nazis. When the receptionist came in to work with her tattoos showing no one made a fuss, but the sight of my pale hip apparently makes people think of the devil.

I'm now thinking of creative solutions as to not to make my coworkers think of dirty sex when they see me. Maybe I'll put a curtain up that will be waist high so no one will be offended while walking past my cubicle. Maybe I'll have my boyfriend write, "If you can read this than you are too close to my ass" on my butt.

Any suggestions?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tend to think the butt sign will be the most effective. Hi Jamie!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jennifer. I need to post a sign on your butt, especially for the one,creepy guy, who will remain nameless. Hey Jamie.

Jamie said...

Oooh so good to hear from you Jennifer! How's married life?

Anonymous said...

It's great. I would love to fill you in right now, but I work for a bunch of nazis and I have a good 8 hours ahead of me (it is 1:30 and I have been here since 8). Are you still at the car dealership?

Jamie said...

Nah- e-mail me when you get a chance. The address is in my blog profile!

Ryon said...

I am having writer's block I guess, because I can't think of a funny thing to say. This sucks.

Jamie said...

Ryon, I'm dissapointed! I can always count on you for a good laugh!

Anonymous said...

Dude, I sympathize with the wardrobe nazis. I have to make sure my shirt comes to just under my neckline, and down past my ass or these bitches will make comments about appropriate work attire. It blows.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com