Friday, November 26, 2004

One blonde and three turkeys

Made it through Thanksgiving, barely. Met the "other" family (for lack of a better term). Ate with my boyfriend's family first: his immediate family and his 42 closest relatives...Holy Hell...made it about 10 minutes before I asked Matt to go grab me a beer, and not a light one.

I like to think I mingled pretty well, didn't have to hang on his arm the whole time. They're lovely people, it was just extremely intimidating to meet EVERYBODY. Does my family even have 42 members? Not ones that would regularly eat Thanksgiving together.

There was no Uncle Tim, VegasGustan, but there was an Uncle Drex. I shake his hand and he says, "It's a good thing you're a Georgia Girl (UGA Grad), because I hate car salesmen." My mouth just hung open. No response. I could have said I just got laid off and put the proverbial final nail in his coffin, but I just flashed my sweetest smile.

Then we drove from Peachtree City, the city I vote "Most Likely To Be Taken Over By Aliens," to Marietta to do it again with my mother. There were 6 family members there, so I think Matt had an easier job. That and my mother just loves him, maybe a little more than I do (it's not a jab or anything just that I think my mom would literally eat out of his palm if he asked her to do so, she's always giving my advice on wifely duties now and how to be a proper lady in a relationship, which, in her mind, is one from the 1950's).

So... full...now... might... throw... up... and do it all over AGAIN at my Dad's house! No, I called him and canceled because "the CDC told me I shouldn't have 3 Thanksgivings this year."

1 comments:

Ryon said...

Welcome Back...I missed ya. LOL
Great job dealing with the relatives. Tell your mom to back off your man.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com