Thursday, May 10, 2007

Secrets

I've become increasingly disappointed with the PostSecret site over the past year. With it's growing fame, I feel that it's lost the subversive touch that made PostSecret so popular to begin with. It seems like every 14-year-old emo kid with a pair of scissors and a printer is submitting material. I'm sorry, but I don't think middle-school wishes formed the foundation of the project.

It was the older Secrets like these that inspired me to take stock:



These Secrets go into further depths than I'm prepared to handle, much less confront. I think they are Secrets that I would prefer to not realize. Sometimes I'll read one, like the wall Secret, and it feels like someone is standing behind me and whispering in my ear. How did they know that?

Of course there are funny ones on the site as well that I enjoy just as much:


These at least provide a laugh and lighten the somber tone of the site, unlike the the emo kiddie ones which don't seem to accomplish anything.

I've never submitted anything to the site largely because I haven't bought a stamp since 2003. But it doesn't mean I haven't been making them when the inspiration does reach me:


Sometimes it reaches me through walls.

6 comments:

The RHS said...

The two that inspire you are probably the most profound things i've read in months.

I hate truths.

citizen student said...

lol...

i like your secret.

aprilbapryll said...

I make postsecret cards in my head all the time.

Jim Matthews said...

Tag! I want 5 songs that knock your socks off!

Malnurtured Snay said...

A friend of mine got her post-secret published in a book, then made me go to the bookstore and try to guess which one was hers. (I finally did).

dont eat the token said...

Your secret made me laugh. I hope you're laughing too!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com