Friday, January 19, 2007

In Celebration

Some mark their blog milestones by visitor count, others by age of the blog. Although I have never celebrated a blog milestone before, I mark mine in my writing. I smiled when my blog posts rolled into triple digits. I gave myself a pat on the back when I hit 365 posts, a year's worth of entries.

This is my 500th post, proving that my life is anything but ordinary.

To review:

2003:
  • Living in Athens.
2007:
  • Living in Atlanta.
2003:
  • Living in a one-bedroom with no air-conditioning.
2007:
  • Living in a one-bedroom with no doors.
2003:
  • Had sex dreams about boss.
2007:
  • Had relationship with said boss.
2003:
  • Know what day it is based on the drink specials.
2007:
  • Know what day it is based on the TV schedule.
2003:
  • Terrible at ballet because I was hungover.
2007:
  • Terrible at ballet because I just have no balance.
2003:
  • Drinking nasty things like PBR and Miller High Life.
2007:
  • Living the high life by only drinking Sapphire martinis and tonics.
2003:
  • Introduced my employee Will to my friend Bonnie.
2007:
  • Saw pictures of Will and Bonnie's wedding last month.
2003:
  • Buys Ramen noodles with pocket change.
2007:
  • Buys Ramen noodles by the case.
2003:
  • English student writing obscene amount of papers on Shakespeare and Chaucer.
2007:
  • Writer writing an obscene amount of papers on toilets.
Nice to know some things never change. :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! (One everything but the Ramen.)

Anonymous said...

I'm at post 442, but I started in July of 04 (the day after my birthday). I usually celebrate by mile markers. and celebrated post #400 with some crap post this year :) happy #500!

Anonymous said...

Nice, I think you have me beat by a landslide and a half. If I did the same thing between 03 and 07...I wonder what would be different. Well, I guess the biggest would be being a dad! I'll get my links fixed soon on my blog...sorry.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I have my milestone coming up soon...the anniversary party that turned me into Two Drink Girl.

Anonymous said...

fun!!

excitement!!

alcohol!!

yay!!

Anonymous said...

You've written 500 posts!?! Whew! I had no idea, since we sorta just discovered each other a couple of months ago.

Congratulations!

The RHS said...

congrats on 500!

you do realize if you traded Sapphire out for Gilby's you could buy something other than Ramen?

Also, PBR is NOT horrid!!! Take it back!

Jamie said...

Robin- Hehe. Ramen 4 EVA!

Frog Princess- I took many blogger sabbaticals in the early years. You'll be at 500 in no time!

VegasGustan- If you have them, I can fix them.

Two Drink Girl- Go you!

Me- Alcohol! Yea!

Dan- Yup, I hit four years in a couple of months. AND I keep a diary. That's a lot of writing.

RHS- Gilby's? Is there a cartoon character on the label or something? :)

I swore off PBR 2 years ago and I still think it was a good decision (I'm on to Natty :)

dont eat the token said...

I LOVE the years in review. I'm afraid my 2003 to 2007 ratio would be much more blah - unless I compare it to kissing gir-...

I'm so much more modest now.

Great achievement KUDOS!!!!

:)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com