Monday, November 20, 2006

Better weird than strange, right?

I was tagged by the beautiful Momo to list five weird things about myself. Just five? HA! The people who love me the most admit that I'm a pretty weird person-- something about the beat of my own drum. The difficulty will be in narrowing the list down.

I'm a friggin' weirdo: Five weird things about me

  1. I have a fear of peepholes. I have a lot of little phobias, but this one is pretty weird. Every night I double check that the door is locked before I go to bed. However, I am so afraid of seeing someone standing outside through my peephole, that I run down the hallway, lock each lock, and run away from my door and climb into bed as quickly as I can. The idea of seeing someone standing on the other side of my door completely freaks me out. One of my biggest fears is to look out my window and see someone looking back at me; I think this is just a variation on that.

  2. If sailors rode in the car with me, they'd abandon ship screaming. I won't let someone ride in the car with me while I'm still trying to make a good impression, that is unless they are impressed by creative, wild swearing. Battling Atlanta traffic day in and day out has really unleashed my swearing capabilities. I realized I had a problem when a guy tried to cut me off and I slammed on my horn, stuck my head out the window, and just screamed the foulest things that I've ever heard in my life. He simply stared at me wide-eyed and I didn't even realize what had happened until it was over.

  3. I scratch my neck when I'm concentrating. It began sometime around calculus in high school and just never stopped. When I try to figure out how much to tip, when I'm reworking a sentence, or when I'm trying to fix the double f**king margin bug for IE6, I have my nails to my neck. This isn't a problem for most people: when they scratch an itch, the marks almost immediately disappear. However, I'm so fair skinned that the marks will stay for hours. People will ask me what's wrong, who attacked me, where the hickey came from, etc. It becomes embarrassing to tell strangers that I did it hours before. They examine my nails and see I have none. That's how sensitive my skin is.

  4. My favorite smell is clean laundry. I love doing loads of laundry. And because of my sensitive skin, I can only use detergents that are free of dyes and perfumes. Therefore my favorite smell is scentless laundry. Fresh from the dryer.

  5. I can't take a picture without licking or being licked by someone. Okay, so I can, but it happens more often than not. I could fill an entire photo album with this theme. Here is a sampling from 2006 alone:







So that's my selection. I choose not to tag anyone for this, but if you do it, be sure to let me know so I can give you a link.

8 comments:

dont eat the token said...

great work, i loved reading about your weirdness!

i toned down my traffic swearing by doing rude commentary on the cars and MINI-FUCKING-VANS around me.

try putting a decorative paper over your peephole with tape on the top like a hinge. no more opportunities for someone looking in.

ouchies on the itching. always itch with cardboard around your neck. yep. that should fix it.

Jamie said...

DET- I've actually calmed down quite a bit, but watch out if you cut me off!

Hmm, the peephole thing might work. I'll think about that!

I need a scratch collar like the vets give to dogs!

The RHS said...

Satellite-style scratch collars are HOT.

My thoughts are if some fucking asshole cuts you off or is just being a complete fuck-ass moron the motherfucker has what he has fucking coming. Those fucking fetus suckers can go to hell. And I hate the way they give ME a dirty fucking look when it was their stupid ass doing the fuck up. Dickwad shit for brains.

Anonymous said...

Calling someone a "dirty pig-fucker" was as bad as I've gotten on the road.

Jamie said...

RHS- You *may* ride in the car with me! LOL. I think together we could scare the living crap out of some people ;)

TDG- I can't put mine in print without receiving hate mail. It's that bad.

Jamie said...

We can never be in a photo together.

Unless you don't have a problem with being the licker ;)

Momo said...

Yay!! You did it! I'm sorry it took me sooo long to get to it (with my being at my crazy family's and being sick at home w/o internet). And thanks for calling me beautiful! That's soooo sweet!

Your peephole story might make a good horror movie...If you could stand to write it!)

Love the licking photos - that cracked me up!! I've been known to be in a few of those myself!

Jamie said...

Writing about peepholes just might send me over into the brinks of insanity!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com