Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The credit card is in the freezer, But that doesn't mean I won't wipe off the ice.

Last night for dinner I ate this:


Tomorrow for dinner I plan to eat this:


But don't worry, I'm not so broke that I have to give up these:


That's right, I went on a shopping spree: a six hour free for all. I woke up Saturday morning and decided I needed new bedding. To quote Field of Dreams, "If you build it, they will come." Before you get all sassy on me and declare you saw the episode of Sex and the City where Miranda tries to improve her bed karma by making her bed a nice place to be-- well that's exactly what this is. But you should know me as not being cliche enough to copy a TV show, hence my Field of Dreams reference. If I build a nice bed, the boys will come. (Not a euphemism. Well... partial euphemism...)

So here it is-- my new bed:

You are looking at a new down comforter, new duvet cover, new blanket, new sheets (oh my god, my butt is still bleeding with what they charged me), and a new down mattress pad. Lovely 500 thread count everything. Mmm.

My colors are chocolate and mint, which makes me dream of thin mints. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Then on my way out, I walk past this mirror which I believe ties my living room together. Well, that and it was 90% off. So $30 later and my living room looks like this:


And while I am eating my peanut butter and canned soup for the next two weeks, I will be wearing these:

And if I ever get depressed about eating canned food, I can just slip on my other new pair:

Oh yes ladies, those are Guess by Marciano.

But who really needs to eat when you have shoes like these?

7 comments:

Momo said...

Beautiful purchases! Love the shoes!

And the bedding and the mirror - your place looks really nice. I could curl up and read a book in your living room!

Twisted DNA said...

Wow the bedroom looks very nice... it has the look of something that can increase bed-karma!

Shoes in the last pic, they are beautiful. Don't forget to wear them in bed for double-bed-karma.

Jamie said...

Momo- The only thing I'm missing is a fireplace!

DNA- Va vroom! Good idea ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey, if you ever feel the need to buy bedding again, don't look any further than Overstock.com. Seriously, they are so cheap and their stuff is so nice!

Jamie said...

TDG- I can't buy bedding without touching it first. I'd be pissed off if I ended up with scratchy sheets.

I'm a touchy feely gal!

Karen said...

Not only is the bed completely inviting but those shoes would definitely lure someone into it! T

dont eat the token said...

You and me, girl. I spent $1000 on a new bed and bedding earlier this spring. Credit card paper-cuts? Ouchies.

Some of my sheets were from Overstock and they are crinkly-fresh-comfy.

I love your duvet! And books. I love having books everywhere. I'm a book snob.

Great idea with the heels in bed ;)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com