Friday, September 22, 2006

Boy Toys

Always living with boys, there were certain things I never had to do. I never had to wash my truck for example, they would take care of that for me. I've never had to pick up dead bugs off the floor and I've never had to hook up my TV to the DVD player and VCR. My knowledge stops at red, white, and yellow.

When I started dating Piedmont Park Guy, I got all excited when he inspected my TV and started mentioning things like "S-video" and "fiber optics" and colors like red, green, and blue.

"You have a really nice system," he says. "You're really not maximizing the output. I have some extra stuff at home I could bring over and get this set up for you."

But like most promises from guys, it's still red, white, yellow at Casa James.

Candler Park Guy entered the picture and as the blessed event known as the Grey's Anatomy Season Premiere Extravaganza approached, I made a frantic phone call.

"Sorry babe, but I'm actually on assignment," he says.

It's 45 minutes and counting until GASPE and I'm laying on my floor kicking, screaming, and swearing as I'm trying to figure out how the hell to get the VCR to read the TV channels.

"J, inhale, exhale. You can do this." My Aussie boyfriend is 10,000 miles away and is sitting on the phone with me while I nearly have a breakdown. From a different hemisphere, he coaches me on how to program a VCR.

The little red light in the corner comes on and as we double check I got the channels correct, I breathe a sigh of relief.

"You say the other blokes live two streets away?"

"Both of 'em."

"Well something's not right."

"No, something isn't right."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

But you got to watch it in time right? That's the important part!

Karen said...

It's too bad those guys weren't more useful- should delegate them to the Boy Toy section!

Jamie said...

TDG- Yes, but I haven't finished the tape yet, so shhh!

Karen- Don't think I didn't consider that when I titled the post ;)

Ryon said...

You could be watching Grey's in HD with what you have...it is really freaking nice. I'll tell you what, I am coming to Augusta from 11/23 until 11/30...maybe I'll stop by and actually do what these losers won't do.

dont eat the token said...

You did it, hooray! And thank you aussie-boy.

My older brother reconnected allllll the cords to our set-up when we were young b/c he was pissed at me. So that's when I learned how to set it all up. But I'm very slow about it and have to use directions.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com