Thursday, August 31, 2006

Impending

I can feel it coming on again: The Slump. The Slump turns my sofa into my bed because something about my bed just doesn't feel right anymore. The Slump drops me a jean size because anything outside of water makes me feel nauseated. The Slump makes me spend hours a day writing self-indulgent crap about myself. Do you know I keep 3 journals? Sometimes I think if I just write enough, I'll be able to exorcise whatever is bothering me. In The Slump, however, it's hard to care about anything. The Slump gives me energy for only a half day at work.

The Slump woke me up last night. It was peeing on my kitchen counter. Again. For the third fucking time this summer. After they fixed it. Again. Last week.

I called him at 1 AM and he promptly offered his bed to me. I placed a container under the yellow stream of water pouring off my light fixtures and left the rest of the mess. I didn't care anymore; I'm not dealing with it anymore. I locked my apartment and I left.

Because that is what I do when I hit The Slump. I disappear.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They either need to find a suitable replacement of apartment for you, or ACTUALLY fix this problem.. this is getting out of hand.

... said...

WTF is it with your roof??? I can't imagine how bad it is for the people above you! IS there anyone above you?

Unknown said...

Ah yes, the slump... I'm pretty sure I'd be in one too if my f'n roof was STILL leaking! Hope you feel unslumpy soon!

citizen student said...

you sound just like i feel sometimes... that's why i like you.

because i see me in you... and it helps me to know that hey, i'm not the only one that wakes up in the middle of the night to "write it out"... etc...

:D i'm online!

citizen student said...

ooo.. second thought - just before we moved into the apartment... it aparently flooded because of something the upstairs tennant did. the super wasn't here and the person covering for him didn't do anything... so when he got here? over 3 inches of water hanging out in my apartment... so completely not ready when we turned up... they had to re plaster our shitty walls, and refinish the floors. yea. needless to say... we're getting contents insurance.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com