Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Shenanigans!

Since Toucher left, I've been listening to 99X less and less. My CD collection from 1995 has replaced the morning show and I'm no longer in the car long enough to listen to the other programs.

But on Saturday I became bored with Better Than Ezra and I flipped on the radio. An announcement came on that they would be providing a free lunch on Tuesday at Tin Lizzy's, my favorite taco place located a block from where I work. I couldn't believe that they were having a radio function that I could actually attend. I called my friends who lit up at the idea of free lunch at Tin Lizzy's.

Our table received a lot of attention from the radio crew since we were one of the few actually in their target demographic (apparently a lot of Freeloaders are old. Very old.) Well, we also made sure we looked our best because we have a collective crush on the manager of the restaurant who is easily the best looking man in the food service industry. We were in a lot of photos taken by the radio crew.

My friend won movie passes for her upcoming birthday. I came in second for the "largest self-promoter." I had 13 business cards on me; I was beat out by an unemployed pianist who had 20. I was given a second shot to win something when Leslie asked for the first person to show a personal text message. I handed Leslie my phone and she read it aloud as I looked sheepish:

"Yes."

That was my personal test message.

But Axel chimed in with, "What you don't know is that she sent a message that said, 'Hey how about a nooner after I get done with lunch with 99X?' Everybody laughed and I just waved. Axel then handed me a T-shirt to compensate for making a joke at my expense.

7 comments:

... said...

Good Times!

Ryon said...

99X still has to have the best music in Atlanta right? Please say yes, otherwise my hopes of working there someday just went out the window.

Anonymous said...

That's great, I ask my husband that all the time, but he's getting old and has decided that sex is only appropriate in the bedroom with the lights off...

Jamie said...

It's still the best, but it's by default. They've been trying though. Too bad they effed up the morning program.

Eric said...

Mmmm...free tacos. Damn me, working out in the jungles of Chambodia.

I actually saw a(n)(o)possum in the driveway of my office this morning! I was waiting to see Cletus behind it...looking for his breakfast...

citizen student said...

everything you do is better

Anonymous said...

haha! That sounds like a blast! You always have the best stories lol.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com