Thursday, April 13, 2006

I'm the maker of all things origami

I'm a really outgoing person in case you haven't noticed. I am your classic type B personality extrovert. Remember Joe and Brian from "Wings?" I'm Brian.

Because I'm the office clown, I often get "introduced" and "thrown together" with shy people by my boss. It's no big deal, I'm used to it. I can carry the conversation. Except I always get asked the same question by the introverts: (do they teach this to you?)

What do you do for fun?

I effing hate this question. No, I mean I REALLY hate it. I don't like answering it because here is what I do for fun:
  • Knit while I watch TV
  • Enjoy "Pantsless Wednesdays"
  • Drink copious amounts of Natty Light
  • Read
  • Sing to myself
  • Tease my dog
  • Work on some short stories that I started 2 years ago and still haven't finished
  • Make fun of people
That's me. That's the naked truth.

Of course I can't tell anyone this.

Other people's answers:
I, on the other hand, stand in my kitchen and eat crackers.

So Jamie, what do you do for fun?

I drink beer without wearing any pants on Wednesdays while I knit in front of the TV. Oh yeah, and I love American Idol.

It just doesn't sound the same.

I need a hobby. Yeah knitting, reading, and writing are all hobbies, but they are also solitary activities, and not very interesting to talk about. I need to pick up bocce ball, powder puff football (is it still called that if you're not in school? I don't know), or arm wrestling.

Or I could just make one up, because that sounds like a lot of effort.

I practice origami.

9 comments:

citizen student said...

i knit too! and crochet! and drink while not wearing any pants and watching tv!

kindred spirit...

you could say... "i'm not at liberty to divulge that information."
and stare at them sternly for several seconds until they back off.

or you could say you shoot skeet. just fun to say is all

Will said...

You should convince your employeers to make Pantsless Wednesday Manditory.

As someone who dressed as Tom Cruise from Risky Business for two Halloweens in a row and counting, I'm all for that as a counterpart to "Casual Fridays".

citizen student said...

just so you know... i've spent a good... twenty minutes trying to figure out what state is what. no work have i done... just that

Jamie said...

Will, for some reason it seems like a difficult job to get you INTO pants!

me, I didn't know where you live so it's all cool!

Anonymous said...

Yeah just make something up, because telling people you play spider solitaire in your underwear for hours doesn't usually go over so well lol.

Jamie said...

Who told!?!

Anonymous said...

Sadly I was talking about myself lol.

Eric said...

Geez...you work on one Habitat house, and suddenly your Jimmy Carter, Jr.

I like to sit around in my underwear, too! I was going to do that on Saturday, until you MADE me drink beer! ;)

Jamie said...

No one told you you had to wear pants!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com