Thursday, March 23, 2006

Poor Ed

So far I spent this morning rearranging my poetry magnets into new sentences. Somehow I've lost all my nouns. The best I could come up with was "They hate on Ed with sledgehammers big time." I'm pretty sure that the "Ed" magnet is a suffix to make a verb past tense, but I'm in desperate times.

Poor Ed.

Went to the gym yesterday. It was a total bust because no actual working out took place, but I did manage to not notice a guy flirting with me. I've somehow lost my game in this area and I've become completely oblivious to the signals.

I'm walking around with my friend and every time we pass this guy, he butts into our conversation jokingly. I always just smile and continue whatever we were talking about. But this happened 3 or 4 times. We walk out of the gym and my friend turns to me and says, "Jamie that guy was totally flirting with you."

"Me? I thought he was hitting on you!"
"No! He was always watching you and he only interrupted us when you were talking."

How did I miss this? I don't remember this at all.

Flashback to two weeks ago when I was in Smyrna, the unknown circle of Hell Dante never told you about where young married 20-somethings move and feel cool 'cause they're still near the city, although they never venture there anymore. I'm sitting at a bar with my friends and it's very apparent that I'm the only one there without a husband date because my barstool didn't have a man standing behind it with one arm rested over the top, protecting his property, and the other holding a pint glass. This guy was watching me from afar and he slowly moves towards us. He leans in to me and opens his mouth to say something... and I turn to my friend and shout "Hey! Guess who died!"

The guy just closes his mouth and turns and walks away. Whoops.

Flashback to my freshman year of high school. Andy calls me up on a Friday night and asks to see a movie with me. I didn't think anything of it. He then asks if it was okay we went dutch. I assume that anyways because we were friends. I didn't think he was actually asking me out. He and his brother pick me up (we were 14) and at the theatre his brother uses the pay phone to call a girl. Andy looks at me and jokes, "Dave's trying to get a date for tonight," and I quip back, "Oh, like you have one?"

Andy didn't speak to me again for 3 years.

I'd like to think I've grown up since then, but apparently not.

5 comments:

citizen student said...

you make me laugh...

someone should film you on a daily and put it on prime time upn or fox or something... maybe wb..

Eric said...

Please...no more reality shows...

Don't worry Jamie, I think I have the same problem. Horrible at reading signals...and giving them...

Eric said...

Oh...and "me"...were you just referring to yourself in the 3rd person??

Jamie said...

Eric it took me an hour to get that joke!

I think my show would be awesome! Hmm, might make that my next post.

Anonymous said...

God I am horrible at reading the signals too, unless I REALLY like them and am determined to flirt hard enough to make them mine lol.

Think we can start a can't read the signals anonymous (CRTSA)?

However that whole entire post made me laugh because I am really starting to think we are twins lol.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com