Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I'm an ASSHOLE!

So I joined Myspace, and as irritating as it is, I was able to get in contact with a lot of lost friends. And they all had something really nice to say about me. Here's a sampling:

Ian: "And even in the 'midst of a quarterlife existential crisis' you seem to pull off amazingly cute and endearing as well as, or more than, ever....You've always had the greatest smile!!""

Johanna: "This is crazy (and I swear I'm not kidding) but I was just talking the other day about something you said once that I never forgot. Remember that day in math class when you were telling me how you told some guy that his hair was so great that you could run naked through it all day? I know I'm not losing my mind! I don't know how I remember that but I do! I still think that's the best line ever!"

(I remember saying that now, but I wish I remembered that line when I was in college. Could have picked up A LOT more guys!)

Joe: "This is crazy, I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering if there was any way I could get in touch."

I'M AN ASSHOLE!!!
Here are all these really nice people that think of me well and consider me their friends, and I haven't spoken to them in over 6 years! I'm a horrible person! Why didn't I keep in touch? A phone call or even an e-mail? Never in my life have I felt so guilty. What was I running away from that made me forget all of these people? When I went away to college, I never looked back on high school. I left like it was a triumph! A victory I had over the school. I didn't even realize there were good things that I left behind.

Oh, and to the guy I said I could run naked through his hair all day? I'm sorry. I know you were mortified when I said that to you. I know you're probably gay now and it's my fault...

2 comments:

Paige said...

ain't myspace a bitch?

Jamie said...

Ms Thang- even though it's a Jamie original, I give you permission to use the line whenever you deem neccessary. But I warn you, you'll receive a very strong reaction, the guy will either love it or run away!

I used to have a ton of pick up lines that I came up with, I wish I could remember them all!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com