Thursday, July 07, 2005

A phone conversation with my mother

Jamie: Hello?
Mom: Hi. You answered your phone!
Jamie: I always answer my phone....when I hear it ring and I know who is on the other end.
Mom: Yeah right.
Jamie: I do!
Mom: Where are you?
Jamie: (very sheepishly) Blockbuster.
Mom: Jamie, turn around and walk out of that store right now!
Jamie: I swear I just came to return a movie and I saw a big banner out front for 2 DVDs for $12!
Mom: You need brakes, your life insurance is due...Walk out now! I'm not kidding! The last thing you need is more movies. Blockbuster should rent from you!
Jamie: I'm going to trade some in and I'm getting brakes next week after I get paid. Wait, life insurance?
Mom: I'm not paying for it anymore.
Jamie: It wasn't even my choice to get it! All my friends thought you were going to put a hit out on me, especially when I saw that you bought burial plots!
Mom: Your brother assumed the payments when he was your age.
Jamie: He was also married! No one is going to benefit from my life insurance but you! You want it, you make the payments! I'm not paying so you get money when I die!
Mom: Why not?
Jamie: You're my mother! That comes with the territory of having kids!

5 comments:

Paige said...

LoL, I've had this conversation with my mother too...I've told her "health insurance, fine, but life insurance? That's only gonna pay off when I die, and I won't get a dime of it...why should I pay for it with my money? You want a big payoff, you keep paying."

steve said...

HEy there

Just found ya through Ms. Thang

That was classic!

Ryon said...

I need life insurance. If I die I want Audra to be taken care of. Thanks, now I have one more freakin' bill. Way to go.

Jeff said...

I have a couple of life insurance policies, one that no one knows about. it's kind of needed in my line of work....never know what might happen. I want my family to be taken care of when I go. Espeically my nephew.

Jamie said...

VG and Jeff- thanks for making me feel like a selfish piece of crap!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com