Thursday, June 09, 2005

People I have non-sexual crushes on:

Old men -the ones that remind me of my grandfather, the dearest man in the world, not the ones that rub their crotches when they look at you. (Yes, I have experienced this).

Years ago, I was driving to my then-boyfriend's house and next to me on the highway was the exact Cadillac my grandfather drove. It was piloted by an old man wearing a driving cap, very similar to my Papa. I thought, "He's just like Papa," and smiled, all warm and fuzzy. Then he cut in front of me. I gave a little toot to signify, "Hey! I'm here! But this is a friendly warning because you remind me of my grandfather who is coming into town today!" Normally, I'm a lay-on-the-horn-while-I-give-you-the-finger sort of girl, but his presence put me in a good mood. You know what he does? Gives me the bird! This sweet looking 80-year-old man wearing a driver's cap and driving a Caddy! I got to my then-boyfriend's house and burst into tears. My head was filled of visions of my grandfather giving teenage girls the bird on highways all over the east coast.

My Chinese delivery man -I love Chinese food. I order it once a week- usually on Thursdays (it goes well with Must See TV.) The guy who delivers my Chinese is an older man and very small. He asked my dog's name once and every time since then, he crouches low and calls her name. Normally people of other ethnicities are terrified of her and call her "wolf." But this tiny man, who delivers Chinese food to college kids for a living, calls for her. Granted she just stares at him, but he makes my heart melt. *Sigh*

Men who own Velcro wallets -I have no idea what the fascination is, but my heart pitter-patters every time I see a grown man open up his Velcro wallet to pay for something. Maybe it's a Peter Pan Complex or something that does it for me. I can't explain it.

8 comments:

Ryon said...

Issues, you have issues. But the story about the Chinese man was touching in a silly way. That is just nice.

Hey, what is your favorite Chinese dish? Mine, is Orange Chicken with Lo Mein.

Jamie said...

Can't say that I'm not honest!

I like to alternate between Chicken Lo Mein and Kung Pao Beef right now.

Anonymous said...

Your padded room is ready

Paige said...

Oh look, annoying (aka anonyomous) is back. Lucky us.

Sorry I didn't get around to featuring you today, but look for it tomorrow!

Jamie said...

Mr. Underhill- Of course my crush on you is sexual! How dare you think otherwise! But, I have to say, it's not as sexual as it is with Paige!

Paige said...

Lesbianism???? That's hot.

LoL, that's why I love you Jamie! BTW, your "pimp" is ready on my blog. I also like your "What I'm reading, etc" over on your sidebar. Diary is a mind-bender. I still love Invisible Monsters the best though...that sh(**& is messed up.

Jamie said...

I called the twist in Invisible Monster in the first few pages, but I still really liked it. Matter of fact, Fight Club was my least favorite book of his.

I heard they were talking about making Survivor into a movie, but they decided against that after 9/11. Damn, I would have really loved to have seen that.

Paul Nichols said...

I was reading Paige's blog and followed her excellent advice to take a look at your blog. I bookmarked, not blogrolled, and will come back often. Interesting and enjoyable site.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com