Wednesday, May 11, 2005

It's a karaoke revival!

Every Tuesday for 3 years my friends and I have attended karaoke night. My roommate is moving to Florida next week, I'm moving in August, and our bartender got promoted to manager so we decided to have one last blow out and call it quits with Tuesday night karaoke. We got the entire gang together, including people that haven't been out in over a year to say goodbye to Craig. "It's a karaoke revival," I said into the phone. People laughed and said it was a good reason as any to come out one last time.

It was a very emotional night. 20 oz. rum buckets were involved and I realized that this is my last chance to see some of these people as well. Some still go home for the summer and I'm moving in August to Atlanta, so I'm not going to see these people again either. A lot of booze, a lot of laughing, and a lot of hugging. I wish Craig brought out his video camera, or someone was smart enough to bring a camera to mark the good times.

Craig was sick but he sang anyways. He sang, "Let's Get It On" and I had to ask the guy I was dancing with to stop spinning me because I thought I was going to get sick. Two hours later I sang my signature "Who Will Save Your Soul" by Jewel and got a great response. I'll have to take that show to karaoke bars in other cities!

I woke up this morning and felt like crap. Like I fell directly out of a butt. It was worth it.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com