Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Rant on a perfectly wonderful boyfriend

The boyfriend (I don't know why I've taken to referring to him as that) lives about an hour and a half from me. He's great: he brings me flowers for no reason, takes me on real dates, and generally is easy going. He comes to visit me every weekend (even when he has to work) and never complains about gas money or the drive.

Other than having the talent to say the absolute worst thing at the absolute worst time, he has one other "quirk." He is always late. I'm not talking about "I got stuck in traffic and I'm 20 minutes late," but "I don't know where the time went- you mean I was supposed to be here 3 and 1/2 hours ago?"

It drives me absolutely crazy. My weekends don't start until he gets there because I'm not going to make plans without him when he's supposed to be here. It's getting to the point where we can't go out to dinner anymore because no place will seat you after 10 pm. We can't go to the movies for the same reason. I feel like I'm wasting time waiting on him. This especially sucks when he does this on a Saturday night because we can't make up for it the next night.

The only thing we've been doing is watching TV on the couch (this is not exactly a complaint), but then he says, "We never go out anymore." And I want to yell and scream, "If you get here when you were supposed to- 3 hours ago- we would have been able to do so!"

Sure we can go to the bars, but it has become old. There are no "intimate" bars in Athens where the 2 of you can go and get a glass of wine. We have 64 bars in a 3 block radius and they are all filled with screaming drunk 20-somethings.

Last night I was giving him crap about the beach this weekend. I said we shouldn't go because he won't get to Athens until late (as usual) and then we'll be on the road till 2am. If he comes Saturday morning he will find a way not to get to Athens until 3 or 4pm and then we won't get there till Saturday night. I don't want to set myself up to get upset by attempting to go so we should just forget about it.

He promises again he will be here by 7:30pm. We'll see.

1 comments:

aprilbapryll said...

good luck with that -- i live with my boyfriend and i still can't be sure i'm going to see him when i'm supposed to. he has a habit of staying late at work and forgetting to call until i'm freaking out because we were supposed to meet his cousin at the restaurant at 7:30 and it's 7:25 and i have no idea where he is (that night he didn't get home until after 8 -- i wouldn't have gotten a call except that i called and bitched out his boss (i'm old friends with the boss) for nobody informing me. i give up now and cook for myself; if he wants to show up, there's leftovers. :D

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com