Saturday, October 02, 2004

No doubting a good night

Rock stars, such as Craig and me, had to get another taste of fame and admiration before we hit the bars.

Friday night at Wild Wings- the bar is packed: a football game on some TVs, a baseball game on some others, and a 10' by 10' wooden stage with a microphone and a karaoke screen.

Craig is the first person to sing. I custom chose his song. A few bars into it the bar explodes in cheers, claps, and whistles. I look to one set of TVs: commercial. I look at the other set: time-out. They're cheering for Craig! Good song choice, Jamie!

During his song I truly understand the bar is full. I don't think I have ever sang in front of a group this large before and I almost psyched myself out.
It's my turn next and I head to the stage. I should point out that I was dressed in a short skirt paired with a "club" shirt. I never dress this trendy and I felt like I didn't even look like me.

I received cheers when I walked to the stage. I picked up my mic and and guy walks to the stage and wishes me good luck. The music starts and I again hear cheers. I look at the tvs: commercials and between play stats. I begin to sing but I hear in the background cat calls playing on the song lyrics (No Doubt - Don't Speak):

I want to be together with you!
I'll make you not speak!
Push this, Darling!

I should have been offended...but I found it hilarious! To Craig's defense, someone did scream "I love you!" when he sang on Tuesday, and it wasn't anyone we knew.

The life of Rock Stars....

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com