Thursday, May 15, 2003
For Sandy's farewell, we began our usual Tuesday night tradition mid-afternoon... in a bar. Ah, the glorious "happy hour" of Athens, Ga. In other places around the country, "happy hour" isn't so happy. It's a place where professionals to go after a long day at work, because they would rather be with strangers than at home with the women they chose to spend the rest of their lives with.

However, "happy hour" in Athens is a place for attractive twenty-somethings, who have some extra cash, to get an early start on the festivities.

Maybe we started a bit too early...


By 9 o'clock, I convinced my bartender friend to give Bonnie and I free drinks if we sit at the bar in our new bikinis. He agreed. I love Bonnie because she is the only person who is as playful as me and doesn't care what other people may perceive. Arm in arm, we strut out in our swimming suits and high heels and posed with people who work at the bar, drinking for free the whole time. I got 2 Bloody Marys and 3 Red Snappers out of it. We are also the new poster girls of Genco- our ad appears next week in Flagpole.

By 10 o'clock, we made our appearance to Wild Wings, where we proceeded to sing the worst karaoke ever. Unlike the rest of our friends, alcohol does not assist us well in our singing talents. However, we did get free shots for performing. Meanwhile, Geoff attended a concert where he fell asleep. "Unless the show was 10 minutes long, something must of happened," he muses.
Around midnight (time gets sketchy by this point), I accidentally power slammed a drink out of a girl's hand. It was so my fault; there was no other way to get around it. She was pissed and I owed her a drink. Of course, she is drinking a Jack and Ginger, one of the only 5 dollar drinks in the damn bar. I order her drink, knowing fully well I don't have any money to fund it. I ask Geoff; he is out of cash too. I mumble that it's on Brown's tab and I turn and run away. I would have never done that if it was a drink for myself, but I owed this girl. I force everyone to down the drinks and go to another bar; I do not want to get caught and have to owe this money... especially at a bar I go to every week.

At the last bar, Sandy begins to punch people as she meets them. Chris orders Craig to take her home.

Honestly, by this point, I have no conception of time whatsoever. All I know is I bought a new bikini and, by God, we are going swimming. We break into Bonnie's pool and jump in the freezing water. Apparently, it is not as warm out as it was when we did this last Friday.
I woke up Wednesday morning, not hung over, but very confused....
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com