Sunday, April 27, 2003

A night out with Big B and the Texas T

I went with my favorite North Carolina resident, Big B and the Texas T, to AEPi's frat party Saturday night. Several occurrences worth noting transpired:
  • I saw people snort Ritalin for the first time in my life.
  • I was sitting on the porch swing with Brad and we were talking. All of a sudden this 18-year-old boy sags onto the swing, partially on top of me. I scoot over, ignoring him, and Brad and I continued our conversation. He and I were softly rocking back and forth until this boy dug his feet into the ground and stopped the swing. Boy, he did not look good. I try to continue to ignore him but I notice he is now hanging his head off the side of the swing- kind of dangling between the chains suspending the bench. Brad continues chatting but now I am totally distracted, waiting for the moment for this guy to puke. And, by God, if he pukes on me I will slug the sonofabitch. Brad sees my distance and inquires what is wrong. I tell him about the boy and, at the exact moment I finished the story, the little guy just starts hurling off the swing. I about climbed in Brad's lap.
    So this is what Brad does: he gets up, tells me he is going to alert someone to clean up the puke, and leaves me with this sick boy next to me. All of a sudden fraternity men approach me and inform me on how to take care of my man. I told each and every one of them that I have never seen him before in my life and I'm not about to start babysitting him now.
    Brad eventually reappears and pulls me off the swing and whisks me away into the safety of the fraternity house.
  • But, as it turns out, the house wasn't that safe. It was dirty. And while I was walking down the dark stairwell, I slipped on an empty jug of vodka and proceeded to slip down the last few steps. As I crashed into the wall, I screamed, "Jesus Christ!" Everyone stopped and turned around and stared. The music was probably cut off. Only then did I remember that AEPi is a Jewish frat...
...but, man, it was the wildest frat party I have ever attended...
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com